May 25, 2021
Dear Philadelphia Family,
Throughout the COVID pandemic, PPC has taken a data-driven approach and been guided by science in creating its COVID safety protocols. This process continues to guide the church as it interprets and applies the recent COVID-related guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (May 13) and the State of North Carolina (May 14) regarding face coverings and other restrictions. In light of encouraging public health trends, the church’s leadership is moving the congregation into the Green Tier under the PPC Tiered Reopening Plan. With this move, some of our
protocols will change and some will remain the same.
- Wearing a mask on campus and in church-owned vehicles is now optional.
- The social distancing of two armlengths from those outside your household is no longer required.
- Ushers no longer need to dismiss attendees at the end of the worship service.
- Sunday School classes may resume meeting in their pre-COVID locations.
- Opening exterior doors and windows is now optional.
- The Senior Pastor’s approval is no longer required for internal and external groups to meet on campus.
- External groups may begin meeting on campus June 1.
What Stays the Same:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Water fountains will remain turned off, but bottled water will be available.
- Bulletins and prepackaged communion cups will remain in baskets at the entrances.
- Stationary baskets will be used in lieu of passing the offering plate.
- We will continue fogging the sanctuary, Kerr building, and classroom meeting spaces after Sunday worship.
Over the summer, the church will continue to monitor the COVID situation. In August, it will revisit the remaining safety protocols and determine whether or not to keep them in place. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Grace and Peace,
Rev. Herbie Miller, PhD
Senior Pastor & Head of Staff